Friday 16 March 2018

SOFT GLAM CURLS & DRAMATIC EYES





On Mother's Day 2018, me and my Mum took ourselves off to Shoreditch for a Mum-Daughter Photoshoot with a lovely, niche company called Urban Vibe Studios. Situated just off of the Old Street, the studio was on the top floor and we were greeted instantly by a fantastic host who handed us some bubbly as soon as we arrived.

The atmosphere was lovely; we sat and sipped at our bucks fizz and chatted and watched whilst other attendees flittered in and out of the room as they changed outfits and had their makeup and hair touched. The place had a lovely, friendly, relaxed vibe as we waited to be tended.

I was very lucky to have a really lovely Makeup Artist called Anna, who happily told me all about her experiences as an established makeup artist and her ambitions as a life coach, whilst showing lots of interest in my love for PR & writing. I think it's wonderful when you meet someone likeminded; it restores my faith in humanity and our freedom to choose and do the things we want to in life. And isn't it wonderful to meet lovely people by chance.

Anna created loose waves in my hair and the result was perfect. Soft glam curls fell over my shoulders and the look was complete with a dramatic eye-makeup look and dark pink matte lips. Shimmery brown pigment was buffed over the lids of my eyes, whilst cat-eye liner was the finish to doe-eyes.

I was absolutely in love with my finished look. It's strange getting used to a camera-ready face with lots more makeup on compared to usual and it is also really interesting to see how someone perceives your face and which features they choose accentuate. Whilst chatting with Anna and the host, I learned that actually, my every-day make-up is great for selfies but not-so-great for professional photos, as a matte, heavy-coverage finish creates a flat surface, perfect for the camera. However a natural, dewy look will only deflect the light. 

Overall, the day was fabulous! Me and Mum thoroughly enjoyed a day of pampering & posing, quality time with eachother, and most of all, some gorgeous photos at the end of it. Although the pictures were a little pricey, a Mum-Daughter photoshoot is definitely an experience I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment