Wednesday 26 July 2017

SUPERDRUG: FESTIVAL ESSENTIALS

With festival season upon us, the days are getting warmer and late nights are more frequent. The floral accessories, quirky outfits and eccentric nails are always a must; but when it comes to the bits and bobs you may need along the way, Superdrug’s new Festival Essentials Collection * is a treat.

That’s why I was over the moon when a little orange box arrived at my front door from Superdrug, containing three festival beauties: Superdrug Brightening Eye Drops, Glucose +C and Superdrug Allergy & Hayfever One a Day Loratadine Tablets.

As a sufferer of hayfever and eczema especially in the Spring/Summer season, comfort is important to me, as - let’s be real here - who wants stingy eyes and itchy skin when they’re trying to have a good time! So the Loratadine tablets and eye drops were a delight to trial - along with the Glucose +C powder to keep me going in the day.

I actually used these products throughout my trip to Cyprus with my boyfriend, along with a surprise trip to Paris. The day/night they came in handy was the Bastille festival, Paris - where you’re on your feet all day and at night the fireworks are sparkling in the air whilst you party.

This product promises to reduce redness in the eyes and bring brightness to the eyes, and it certainly did the trick! It comes in a cute bright pink box (nice touch) and the drops feel cool and refreshing once applied to the eyes. I noticed that as soon as I used them, my eyes felt cooler, and, whilst being prone to stingy eyes from hayfever, any hint of redness dissapeared within a matter of one hour or so. Throughout the night I also noticed my eyes didn’t look quite as tired; they looked noticeably brighter and, consequently I had a lovely glow to my face even in the late hours. Bonus! The drops can be bought on the Superdrug website for £2.99.


This product is a wonder in my eyes; created to provide that perfect energy boost all throughout the day, this powder is deal for long days and nights. I disolved some of the powder within a glass of tap water on the morning of Bastille and sipped at it for  a few minutes, pleasantly surprised at the yummy, citrus-inspired taste. Throughout the day, after 22,000 steps of walking and lots of fun at Bastille, I felt just as invigorated as I did in the morning - completely energised but without that overly buzzy feeling. Definitely a must have for summer festivals! Purchase it for £1.79 here.

Not only do I suffer from eczema and hayfever at times, but alcohol can make me a little itchy so this was the perfect combination. I took one of these tablets and, alas, any itching I may usually experience throughout the day was gone. I would say though, that after mixed with alcohol, I experienced a little drowsiness but this may or may not have been caused by the Loratadine. However it’s a definite must have if you suffer from allergies and it’s one I’ll be sure to re-purchase! A pack is only £2.49 on the Superdrug website.

I’m absolutely loving Superdrug’s Festival Essentials collection and these three essentials will be concrete within my daily routine from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment